About the BRC
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the BRC is to provide an innovative physical and programmatic environment where scientists and educators collaborate to conduct bio-related research. It is an interdisciplinary, cross-campus, and inter-institutional resource for new and better ways to collaborate, discover, learn and lead.
The BioScience Research Collaborative is thoughtfully designed to facilitate and encourage interactions among researchers. It is equipped for cutting-edge laboratory, theoretical and computational investigations, and features ten floors of research labs, centers, Rice classrooms and auditoriums. It is designed to eventually accommodate a visualization center and an entire floor dedicated to biomedical informatics. It now is gold level certified by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design standards developed by the U.S. Green Building Council, and it also features:
- 477,000 gross square feet
- Ten floors of research laboratories and centers
- A 287-seat auditorium
- A 87-seat laptop-friendly lecture hall
- A 250-seat event/exhibition hall
- Three levels of underground parking
- Core facilities with mass spectrophotometers, TEM and other equipment managed by the Rice Shared Equipment Authority
- Rice Classrooms
Rice University would like to thank all of the design and construction teams who helped build the BioScience Research Collaborative.
To learn more about the BioScience Research Collaborative or for leasing information, please contact BRC Director of Operations, Mike Smith, via phone at 713-348-8400 or email email@example.com.
The BioScience Research Collaborative is no longer leasing space to individuals and/or start-up/spin-off companies.
Non-built out space is available for lease within the following terms:
- Lessee qualifies as a not-for-profit institution associated with the Texas Medical Center (TMC).
- Lessee is willing to sign a long-term (~10 year) lease and fund cost of building out space.
- Lease is subject to final approval by Rice University’s Provost.